Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Identical

I just finished Identical by Ellen Hopkins. For those of you who are not familiar with Ellen, her other books include Crank, Glass (Sequel to Crank), Impulse, and Burned. I have to say that although Identical is not my favorite, I was once more floored by her insight into an issue that many young adults from many different backgrounds struggle with everyday. As her free verse creates a visual representation of the story on the page, her characters come alive. They are not shallow like so many others. They think and feel deeply as if they are real. If you choose to read Identical and you love it as much as I did, consider the recommendations below.

Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chobosky

You Don't Know Me: A Novel by David Klass

No comments:

Post a Comment