Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Against Medical Advice

I don't usually like to read books by popular authors. I prefer the treasures that no one else is interested in reading. However, when I saw James Patterson's new subject material, I couldn't say no. I am a sucker for real stories. Against Medical Advice is an amazing true story that tells the struggles of a young man who is struck with a severe case of Tourette's Syndrome, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Anxiety Disorders. Tourette's Syndrome can be very debilitating, causing involuntary body movements and a number of other "tics". This young man would "tic" so severely at times that he would physically injure himself, often tearing muscles and biting down so hard that he would crack his teeth. This book is a must read for those who are looking for something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment